There are five key accusations against ATF and DOJ made by ATF whistleblowers and other sources within FedGov:
1. That they instructed U.S. gun dealers to proceed with questionable and illegal sales of firearms to suspected gunrunners.
2. That they allowed or even assisted in those guns crossing the U.S. border into Mexico to "boost the numbers" of American civilian market firearms seized in Mexico and thereby provide the justification for more firearm restrictions on American citizens and more power and money for ATF.
3. That they intentionally kept Mexican authorities in the dark about the operation, even over objections of their own agents.
4. That weapons that the ATF let "walk" to Mexico were involved in the deaths of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and ICE agent Jaime Zapata, as well as at least hundreds of Mexican citizens.
5. That at least since the death of Brian Terry on 14 December, the Obama administration is engaged in a full-press cover-up of the facts behind what has come to be known as the "Gunwalker Scandal."
(The Sipsey Street Irregulars)
There has been a national election in the USA in which nobody discussed this rather sorry chapter in American History. The candidates were mute as was the mainstream media. Maybe they felt that it had all become "history", and thus a mere footnote to the great unwashed who would soon vote for the next president and "leader of the free world".
However as unlikely as it may seem, there are people in Mexico who have dead friends and relatives, killed with firearms and ammunition supplied to cartels by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms who have longer memories than the American Press.
The brother of a high ranking US federal agent was kidnapped in Casa Grande, Chihuahua and subsequently killed in Mexico, last week. The murderers dumped his body near Agua Prieta. It didn't have anything to do with Operation Gunrunner directly, however it was a message sent to US Law Enforcement and you're going to hear that message again from the Sinaloa Federation.
This is the bottom line. When the Federation (drug cartel) gives up one of its own as a sacrificial sheep to satisfy the needs MEXGOV to look good in the press or when they need to weed out a weakling, that's ok. When the US uses "atmospherics" to track somebody that they need/want around and feed that to SEMAR, then the fir will fly.
You'll hear more of this in the future both on this blog and elsewhere. The Sinaloa Federation wants USGOV to take their law enforcement officials out of the Republic of Mexico. There was a political statement made on July 1, 2012 and that government will be seated on December 1, 2012. Look for one of the reasons behind MEXGOV restricting US Law Enforcement in Mexico to be the Gunwalker Scandal.